After seeing Nacho Libre last night I started to get excited about some upcoming flicks and thought I would list them here mainly for my benefit to check back with occasionally:
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest–It’s Depp doing Richards for Christ sake.
- A Scanner Darkly (Good read but I am not a fan of the director or the concept of the visual style).
- Edmond–Mamet directed; need I say more. It does star William H. Macey as well.
- Clerks II–My personal pick of the summer. God bless Kevin Smith forever.”Noise, noise, noise…smokin’ weed, smokin weed, doin’ coke, drinkin’ beer.”–Jay
Miami Vice–You better believe I am going to break out the white blazer and the espadrilles as some bad shit is going to go down that night.
- Brothers of the Head–Not sure what to make of this but I think I might like it.
- Fearless–It might not matter to most, but this is the last martial arts movie Jet Li is planning to do so I am not going to miss it. It is fucking Jet Li for god’s sake.
- Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby–NASCAR & Will. Far too many opportunities for humor.
And my special mention which I need to get in this week is the Promise which has slowly been trickling out to larger screens including the one by me. Not the best reviews, especially due to the US edit but it hits me right in my sweet tooth based on the director, topic, time period and having Ms. Cecilia Cheung. It also helps (to me at least) that the director is Kaige Chen who also directed The Emperor and the Assassin, Temptress Moon and Farewell My Concubine.
Let the late summer movie start for me next week and remember, Fuck Superman & the entire DC universe always.