This weekend marks the 7th Year of marriage to the weefe. A quick rundown of 7 years –
- 2 Weddings (Vegas & Catholic)
- 3 Apartments, 1 House (Not quite yet at 2 but close)
- 2 Children
And a whole lot of fun. So what is the “traditional” gift for this merry occasion – Copper & Wool. Sounds pretty sexy to me.
- How about a copper scalp massager like they sell at the Body Shop? – Not going to happen.
- What about a copper pot? – Already have a set, thank you C&B.
- What about a copper mailbox? – Already have one, thank you Smith & Hawken.
- What about a scarf? – 10 years in Chicago means we have a shitload of scarves.
- How about a sweater? – Not too romantic.
I think I will stay with my traditional of a weekend sans the little devil spawns in lovely, frigid downtown Chicago. A little shopping, a little fine dining and maybe a museum or movie to top it off. Take the kids out of the picture and we would probably just enjoy sleeping in at the Palmer House. Or maybe I can go with the contemporary gift – A Desk Set. However that might end the streak before we even get to the good Bronze or Linen gifts(8th Anniv.).