Well my writing has been down as it has been busy around the home front with work being jammed and also with us selling our house – YES! We are now hopefully a few months or maybe one year from our dream home…fingers crossed. However, back to the pressing subject matter, The Academy Awards. Below I have listed a few thoughts on Actor In A Leading Role. Take them for what they are worth as my movie viewing has been down this year but I might squeeze in a few before the weekend….. Actor In A Leading Role-
- George Clooney, Michael Clayton – I wish I could say he would win but I do not see it yet. I did not see the movie (plans changed the other night) but I do not think it carries enough buzz and especially with the Academy.
- Johnny Depp, Sweeney Todd – Again, have not yet seen this but do not think it is happening. Musicals do not often reward male leads anymore and I think the role is not deep enough to carry him to an Oscar.
- Viggo Mortensen, Eastern Promises – This would be my choice but I do not see it happening either. This is a great role that required alot of range and also was a fantastic movie but alas i do not see it.
- Tommy Lee Jones, In The Valley Of Elah – Did not see it but ugh. Ugh. Ugh.
- Daniel Day-Lewis, There Will Be Blood – When you hear the term “Academy Darling” please see this man. They love him and for good reason. Detailed in his research to every role and also know not to pick bad movies I think he is pretty close to a shoe-in as possible.
This will probably not help but again, this is my blog and I will cry if I want to. Thanks again and make sure you get those entry forms in on or before Feb. 23rd.