Please remember to get your Academy Ballots into me as soon as possible. Today’s thoughts below – ACTRESS IN A LEADING ROLE
- Cate Blanchett, Elizabeth: The Golden Age – Gotta love her but not going to win for a sequel regardless how high-brow it is. Not going to happen.
- Julie Christie, Away From Her – The winner of both Screen Actors Guild Awards & Golden Globes in this category she is the odds on favorite and I will probably have to pick her.
- Marion Cotillard, La Vie En Rose – Not gonna happen. Possibly the most deserving based on everything I have heard but again, not going to happen.
- Laura Linney, The Savages – A critical darling but the fact is not enough folks saw this one and it has so little buzz on her performance it is a surprise she was nominated in my opinion
- Ellen Page, Juno – I would love to see this one pull through and I might still even pick it to defy odds. However, even in a down-year in this category (I think so), her age and Julie Christie are two factors I do not think she will overcome.
Tomorrow I will take on supporting roles and possibly the 2 big writing categories in case you care. Thanks again.