So I clearly have a preference for American Airlines. Most other airlines fall into 2 other categories…”ugh” and “oh hell no”. To get a sense of scale on this here are a few examples –
- United – “Ugh”
- Southwest – “Oh Hell No”
- Jet Blue – “Ugh”
- Cathay Pacific – “American-Like”
- China Air – “Oh Hell No”
- Northwest – “Ugh”
Now until recently I had not flown on US Airways in a long time so they were still unblemished in my life. Not anymore. “Oh Hell No” is the official designation. Grocery list below –
- $15 per baggage. I know it should be expected but it still blows.
- $30 to move from seat 26F (next to the filth depository) to 6D. The damn seat is open anyway so why the hell does this matter.
- I have to pay for a Diet Coke? Hey I expect to pay $6 for a shitty box lunch on all airlines but $2 for a DC? Does that come with ice or is that extra? How about the cup? Why don’t you just pour that shit in my hands for like $0.10 ala Chris Rock.
- Optional flight attendants. Did I pay less for my ticket as I believe we are missing something. Portland to Phoenix to Chicago. 4 times I saw someone who might resemble a flight attendant but it could have just been a passenger wearing all blue with too much peroxide in their hair.
- And finally as I try to just work the flight away I put down my tray and see this for the next 5 hours….
We know you have a choice when flying so next time you want to fly in a bio-waste filled tube with $2 Diet Cokes please choose US Airways.