The next China Trip (#4 in 2010) is upon me and I always have the same probing question a few days out…What am I going to read/watch/listen during the roughly 42 hours I will spend in the air and at airports? Now the IPad has made this even more enjoyable but I could use some suggestions as I am a little light in the movie/book category as my precious children have sucked out what little memory I do have so I am unable to rattle off the top ten movies I wish I had seen in 2010. So here is the list so far –
- Iron Man 2 – Just picked it up so this will give me a solid 2.5 hours.
- Dr. Who Season 5 – I am warming up to the new Doctor but I still miss David Tennant terribly to be honest. I have 7 episodes left of this season so that will get me about 5 hours.
- The Strain by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan. I am about 200 pages into this one and although it is enjoyable I am not loving it yet. I keep comparing it to The Passage and it has not approached that as of yet but I will keep chugging away.
- I was looking at a few other books including Chronic City (Jonathan Lethem), Game of Thrones (George R.R. Martin) but I am not positive on either one of those. I need at least 2 more books for this trip so I am in trouble there.
- I am always super good here and I have to admit that I am excited to have some downtime with the new phone and the music player on it. Beside that I need to take some time to listen to the new Alterbridge, B.O.B and the Brandon Flowers albums and I am sure I can pick up a few more in the next few days. I think Hargrove’s Big Band collection, Emergence, will be on that list as well.
Then I have plenty of time to kill with IPad games (hello scrabble time!) but I could use one more solid book and 2 more solid movies to round this out.