I am officially now a watch collector….I have 2. I am late to the party as the only watch I have ever purchased and worn in my life occurred when I was 26 years old. At that time I knew nothing about watches but was fairly confident that a Rolex would pass the test of time so I purchased a Stainless Steel Oyster Perpetual DateJust and have worn it ever since and loved every minute of it.
In the last few months and at the fault of my balls out watch collector neighbor, I have begun to want to collect fine watches. I have done quite a bit of research (some would call this fucking around, I prefer research) on it and about 1 month ago I found the piece I really wanted to acquire to begin my collection. I am trying to be methodical and patient about this as I want this to be my true “adult” collection and this seems about as healthy of an obsession that I could have.
So the piece I have just purchased (not yet in my hands and with photos courtesy of Ball Watches) is as follows –
Ball Engineer Master II Diver Worldtime
- Movement: Automatic BALL Caliber 965
- Functions: Hours, minutes, sweep seconds, day, date and worldtime display, illuminated inner rotating bezel; 55 micro gas tubes for night readability
- Shock Resistant: 5,000Gs
- Water Resistant: 300m
- Magnetic Resistant: 4,800A/m
- Case: 45mm diameter Stainless Steel, 15.4mm height, Fixed with inner rotating bezel, Anti-reflective sapphire crystal, Screwed-in crown
- Bracelet: Stainless steel with folding clasp
- Dial: Black
My hope is to have this in my hands late next week so that I can begin my newest life long obsession.