My thoughts are clearly too random today to pin down so I am going with the bullet point approach until I feel a little less pressure between my small to tiny size ears –
- I love a good caprese salad. The tomatoes in Illinois suck in general for most of the year and honestly even when they are good…they are just good. 1 more year until I deem the youngest minion ready to travel overseas and then I can enjoy an excellent caprese again in Piazza Navona.
- I am not sure if using facebook or twitter to brag about using facebook or twitter is the best example of how to use each respective social media tool. It kinda seems like folly but again, I could be wrong…..wait no I am not.
- I have to admit I am not one to have a lot of chest pounding pride when it comes to my city, state or country, etc. as I generally believe in the power of an individual over all else. However, I have to say that I have a little more Chicago love than normal today thanks to Mr. Rose & President Obama.
- I do not like small talk.
- Do people subscribe to podcasts to never really listen to them?
- Yesterday the middle minion heard me outside berating a business partner and when I walked back in and kissed her we had the following discussion –
- Minion – “Did you yell at someone dad?”
- Me – “Yes, I did”
- Minion – “Why”
- Me – “Honey I am not a good person”
- Minion – “I like you”
- Me – “And I love you and I am a good person to you and your sisters and your mother”
- Minion – “Ok. I love you. Don’t they know they should listen to you?”
- Me – “Now they do”
The wife was not exactly pleased with this conversation but it is true. I don’t need my kids to think or project an image of perfection on me. I will take an honest assesment of my many flaws and not hide from it. I hope to live my life a little more honestly with each passing day.