Ok, we all know the stump would win.
However, I still want to take this time to feed the ever growing flame that shall now be now as the Elisabeth Hasselbeck “Eternal Flame Of Stupidity”. On the show that serves as a platform for her stupidity, The View, Mrs. Hasselbeck was discussing Osama Bin Laden’s death and was unsure how she would discuss it with her children. She decided to sit down and wrote the following poem –
“Osama Bin Laden was a very bad guy/
He hurt many people, don’t ask me why/
We shot him in the head and now he is dead/
Now close your eyes and go to bed.”
Before my grey matter explodes in a frenzy and blinding burst I have a couple thoughts –
- First off her kids are 6, 4 and 2…how much do you need to discuss with them at this point? What can they possibly get out of this? I do not feel the need to shelter my kids from the world and especially from death but I generally stay away from gunshots to the head types of discussions with them.
- You could tell them something like this…”He was a bad guy and he was killed”. Simple and to the point without over explaining it. I know it seems so simple, kinda like your job, but again you are used to only have cue cards to read off of.
- Are you or your husband even qualified to speak to your children about anything? Maybe use some of that combined ESPN/ABC coin and hire a professional to come by and speak with your kids as you should never be sharing your opinion on anything.
- And finally a poem! Really poetry was the best way to do this? I am glad Seuss stayed away from Vietnam as things could have gotten very muddy otherwise -I am Uncle Sam –
- I do not like commies in a box.
- I do not like commies with a fox.
- I do not like commies in a house.
- I do not like commies with a mouse.
- I do not like commies here or there.
- I do not like commies anywhere.
- I do not like C-Rations.
- I do not like them, Uncle Sam I am.
Next time keep your mouth shut and focus on something shiny instead you imbecile.