These last few days of travel have taken a toll on me and it did not help that the previous week prior to this trip I was doing alot of other things and mainly not resting at all. I am beat, plain and simple. I have been too tired to even read so far. So that has left me with watching a few things so here is a listing…
- The Fighter – Never got around to seeing this before the Oscars and it is a shame. Very well done movie and a solid job by Mr. “How’s Your Mother” Wahlberg. The whole thing was spot on and the boxing was the best I have ever seen captured on film. Made me miss Arturo Gatti a little as well.
- Firefly – I never watched this show when it was on the air but decided to rent the 1st and only season based on my liking of Nathan Fillion for his role on Castle. I dig this show and am excited for the flight back to watch the movie they made, Serenity. I am not a big Joss Whedon fan but I think this has enough steampunk in it for me to make it very attractive.
- The Mechanic – Watched this right before I left town. Maybe the whole action genre just is not my thing but Jason Stratham is about as boring to me as anyone acting today. Just nothing compelling about him at all.
- The Other Guys – I had seen this already but watched the unedited version and it was even funnier than I remember. This movie should have done better at the box office as it features a good performance from both Wahlberg and Ferrell. For once Ferrel was not so over the top and I think it made him even funnier. The scenes with Eva Mendes kill me every time.
- Dr. Who – Yes, I love this show but I went back and watched the 1st season. I loved it still but it made me remember how I liked Chris Eccleston so much and was worried about David Tennant and then again with Matt Smith. How they have casted a great Dr. Who three times in a row is amazing to me.