I guess I am having all my multimedia thoughts at the same time. That being said Fall is a great time for new books always. It just seems like all my favorite authors have new books coming out every fall (or every other) and works out for me to have a brilliant few months of travel. The ones I am looking forward to –
- Arabat: Absolute Midnight (#3) (Clive Barker) – If you think you know what Clive Barker writes about, you do not. You think of Hellraiser and Stephen King like writings but that could not be further from the truth. Check out Arabat 1 some time or Galilee and see how quickly you can be consumed by a beautifully dreamed up world.
- The Ecstasy of Influence (Jonathan Lethem) – I consider Lethem and Chabon to be the best modern writers today.
- Awesome Man (Michael Chabon) – I know it is a kids picture book but this guy could write on the side of a Wheaties box and it would interest me.
- The Map of Time (Felix J. Palma) – I know nothing of this book or the writer but I have heard it is a can’t miss buy a few trusted sources and that alone makes it too tempting to leave alone.
- Swamplandia (Karen Russell) – This is a book that came out last year I believe and I missed it. Time to go back and get this one under my belt.