For the last few weeks I have been watching seasons 1-3 of Sons Of Anarchy and throughly enjoying it. It has helped restore my faith in scripted TV, which is always waining, and makes me excited to have something to tune into this fall as well.
At the same time I am forced to read about 2 1/2 Men. This show literally seems like the stupidest show in the history of television and it is insulting to know that this is one of the highest rated shows out there. It also confirms my thoughts that CBS is a network for morons. Today I caught an article about the focus and brilliance on set and how Ashton Kutcher now brings his acting credibility to this show. Wait, did I just type Ashton Kutcher and acting in the same sentence? That cannot be right as that dumbo with floppy hair is a travesty to actors everywhere. He is to actors as Jennifer Anniston is to actresses. Meaning no talent and lots of luck. How in the fuck are people watching this shit.
Here are some real gem comments from CBS entertainment president Nina Tassler and my translation –
- “The show will be as irreverent as it has always been. Our program practices people are already on high alert,” she joked. – The show will continue to provide cheap laughs to those that are eating Jimmy Dean Pancakes & Sausage On Sticks while waiting for the next NASCAR race or Jeff Foxworthy Special.
- “I think you have to look at Chuck and you have to loook at the genius and the talent behind his writing.” – Trust a guy who wrote such other great shows as Cybill, Dharma & Greg and The Big Bang Theory, oh wait, I’m fucked.
- She repeatedly called Kutcher an “extraordinary” actor – Clearly he is one of the finest actors, wait, I just vomitted in the back of my throat
- Tassler said the set was “very focused” and that the show “requires a lot of attention.” – We are using 73% less hookers at the craft services table but now we do have that bitch Demi around all the time with her party kids as well and they use lots of blow.
- She later described the tension surrounding the cast’s first table read together, and said Lorre delivered a speech. “It was really beautiful,” she said. “I can’t even remember the words. It was just something very touching. When you hear that first actor mutter that first line, you breathe a sigh of relief.” – We can now cash checks for one more year until this thing gets cancelled as you know Ashton Kutcher is code for Breckin Meyer when it comes to TV.
I know it is not a really weighty subject matter but lets face it he has earned it….Ashton Kutcher….Douchebag of the Week.