I am not in the entertainment industry and nor do I want to be but I have a bunch of random thoughts in my head that need to spill out as usual and this time they are all slightly connected –
- Sarah Jessica Parker – Stop being in movies. No one wants to see you ever again in a movie. Ever. Your latest movie (I Don’t Know How She Does It?) did less than 5 million in the opening weekend on almost 2500 screens which works out to be about $1800 per screen and that works out to be about 200 people per movie. Get the hint and go away.
- Matt Weiner & Mad Men – Go away. I am tired of you in every way.
- Zooey Deschanel = Winona Ryder except she is less attractive and talented than Ms. Ryder. Go find your Ethan Hawke and move on.
- The Help – Viola Davis should get nominated for this but Allison Janney should get a supporting nod as well. She is flawless in everything she is in whether it is on TV, in animated shows/movies or in full feature movies.
- Glee – Can this 15 minutes be up now?
- Our Idiot Brother was funny but Paul Rudd is not a lead. Stop forcing him down my throat as one.
- Breaking Bad. I think I will save that for the next long flight in Oct.