I had a flashback today while driving home regarding some of my writings in late 2010 and early 2011 regarding the category “Things I Would Like To Forget 2010”. I did that whole segment instead of a “Best Of” thing as I find it much more enjoyable to pick out shit I hated or have stuck in my craw for the whole year. I think it is time to recap and see if any of my wishes came true –
2010 Music I Would Like To Forget –
- Female Artist – Katy Perry. She really hit her stride in early 2011 but I think she has pretty much ran her course and I am thrilled by it. She can continue to have her career and be classified as Novelty/Other.
- Male Artist – Chris Brown. It appears he has found his niche as R. Kelly’s seedy cousin and that is fine with me. I think he will retain a certain popularity with limits and as long as the limit hits before my awareness even better.
- Group – Kings Of Leon. Maroon 5. The Fray. Well 2 of 3 dying on the vine is not so bad I guess. I just need Adam Levine to shut up and never utter anything about The Rolling Stones or Mick Jagger again.
Random Folks –
- Katherine Heigl – Not quite gone but getting closer.
- Fred Armisen – How is he still on SNL. Oh yeah he impersonates the President. I need him off the air.
- Mel Gibson – Thanks for the memories and I will always have the Mel Gibson actor character at the top while the rest of you drops.
- The Black Eyed Peas/Fergie – I got my wish on this one. Thank the lord for this one.
- P. Diddy / Puff Daddy / Sean Combs / Diddy Dirty Money – Phew. Another one that has closed up shop for good.
- Josh Duhamel – You are fucked unless Michael Bay continues to rape the Transformers franchise as no one else will hire you.
- Nicholas Sparks – Only 1 book and no movie in 2011 made me quite happy. This perennial douchebag is not gone for good though as long as people appreciate shitty writing.
- Gwyneth Paltrow – Only movie in 2011 made it a great year and at least I think even you finally realized your singing sucks. Now if Fincher could somehow get your head back in a box life would be grand.
All in all I was pleased that I was able to preside off the public death of some of these folks. I still have my fingers crossed for some of you to speed up your natural descent but you only have 19 days left so step on it.
Next I will start focusing on things from 2011 that need to be burned from my memory forever or at least until I go blind and deaf. And this year will be more focused and less pop culture heavy. I need to direct my venom better sometimes.