And we are back…
8th Annual Marlovits Academy Award Pool!
The 86th Annual Academy Awards Show is on Sunday, March 2nd (ABC) at 6pm (CST). It is hosted this year by Ellen DeGeneres so in my opion it will not be the train wreck that Seth MacFarlane hosted in 2013.
I have attached the 2014 ballot for your use including the 2 tie breakers. If you have trouble opening or using it let me know and I will send you a plain document version that you can use as well. Please fill it out and return it to either email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or at email@example.com. The rules are the same to you veterans out there but here is a quick summary –
- Fill out the entire ballot (guessing is highly encouraged, more on that below)
- Send the ballot via email or hand it over before the show starts
- Entry is $5.00 that you can pay anyway you like (Including paypal at Joseph@tinwerks.com)
- Also you can enter your children, pets and any sentimental inanimate objects of your choice….lamps make great guessers
- Then sit back and enjoy the Oscars and follow live results and score updates at http://www.belligerentman.wordpress.com.
Ann F. won in 2013 and she took home $130 while her husband Matt P. was 2nd and took home $10. Also, this year Mrs. Rosemary Marlovits has an entry on us due to her low score of 13.
A couple of final reminders as always –
- If you do want to learn more about the other show’s (SAG, DIG, GG) you can start to follow them at – www.belligerentman.wordpress.com as I will post news and info starting today
- If you know someone (Please pass on to your lovely spouses as well) who might be interested in joining in please share it with them as the more money the merrier.
- The night before the show I will of course post my ballot for full disclosure.
NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE has seen all the movies so do not sweat it. It is only $5 and it adds a little fun to the night and also some internal house bragging rights. And finally, I have changed the scoring in a way that hopefully awards blind luck a little more so keep that in mind!
THANKS AND BEST OF LUCK!
THE MARLOVITS TRUST